Monday, February 3, 2014

The little things

After a long day with the kids all I can look forward to is the quiet. Often the quiet is interrupted by the littles waking and needing some cuddles. Those cuddles are almost better than the quiet time. Listening to Lyla ask me "are there monsters?" right before she falls asleep. Knowing she's asleep because she will shiver, yes it's kinda creepy and knowing that they have chosen me at those vulnerable times makes me ultimately grateful. Now, this need for me is not the same as "mom I pooped come wipe my butt!" or "mom, I've got nothing to wear find my clothes." Those moments are exhausting sometimes. :)
Occasionally Eli will wake up and I will be in the middle of Downton Abbey, and I can't miss that, so I bring him downstairs to hold. Once he's back to sleep I will carry him back up the stairs to bed. How does he not wake up? I think about it often, his trust and ulitmate love allows him to feel safe and like he's floating on a cloud(how I would think it would feel to a baby) during the transfer. I am honored to be able to provide that for him, I am honored to be able to provide that for all my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment